- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot, shredded or pulsed in a food processor or high-speed blender
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 * F.
- Mix the first group of ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Blend the second group of ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
- Pour on top of your dry ingredients and stir.
- Stir in the last cup of shredded/pulsed carrot, and coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets (or bake in two batches) and bake for 30-40 minutes stirring every ten minutes.
- Once the granola is visibly beginning to brown remove from the oven and let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container. Should keep for a couple weeks.
If you like a chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the baking sheet halfway through to ensure even cooking.