- 16oz broccoli (i used frozen)
- 1 ½ cups chopped carrot
- ½ onion, diced
- jalapeño, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo flour
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 cups cashew milk*
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chickpea miso
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16-25oz garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups spinach
- Add a little bit of coconut oil to a stock pot and sauté the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and garbanzo flour, and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Place the second group of ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour blender contents into the soup and use an immersion blender until desired consistency
- Add optional garbanzo beans and spinach and heat through.
2 cups water and ¼ cup cashews blended in a high-speed blender is what I did for the cashew milk